Service Improvement Manager
The JLT business is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support our business ambitions. We are improving the way we work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of our people, systems and processes. Our objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value we bring to JLT.
We are a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK - in our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support JLT's business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver JLT's industry leading services to our blue-chip clients.
Service Improvement Manager (Permanent)
Bristol or Exeter
We are looking for a Service Improvement Manager who will improve the speed and quality of our delivery, reduce our costs, manage risk and to increase the productivity of our colleagues. Working for the Service Operations Planner, this role will manage day to day operation of team functions including risk, audit and continual service improvement.
You will identify opportunities, develop frameworks and processes to support improvements and remediate root causes of risks and audit items as appropriately.
- Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, project management and presentation skills.
- Seeks and evaluates process improvement information, materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs as outlined by management, and adapts them to use in the execution of process improvement events.
- Team management, including performance management, ensuring staff have relevant skills, access and toolsets
- Ensure team are providing a high quality service to the business
- Develops reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including
- Accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
- Lead key Continual Service Improvement, audit and risk remediation activities
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits of IT
- Ensure standards and requirements for internal audits are fully understood and applied
- Work with Senior Managers in supporting internal & external audits.
- Makes recommendations for new audit techniques to analyze the adequacy of IT controls and the effectiveness of operational procedures and processes
- Support the Service Operations Planner in the compilation and maintenance of Operational Risk for all JLT entities in accordance with the agreed methodology and process.
- Gathering information and MI which will be used to inform the risk assessment process;
- Producing information to be used in Board and Committee reports
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Application of IT to resolve Business problems
- Project process and controls
- Experience in a verity of IT Service management and Operations roles
- Experience of managing suppliers in outsourcing contracts
- Experience of managing staff and teams
- Effective influencing in a matrix environment
- Minimum ITIL V3 foundation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have experience in a process ownership role
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.