A child's hospice in Woodford is seeking a prospect researcher to join the team on a full time and permanent basis. The successful candidate will work within the corporate and major gifts team and have a direct influence on fundraising income generated by identifying new business leads and event sponsorship opportunities.
- Support the growth of corporate income by identifying and profiling new business prospects using a variety of research methods.
- Maintain the corporate pipeline in conjunction with the senior corporate managers to ensure information is up to date and relevant.
- Utilise Raiser's Edge database for prospecting and updating company and key relationship details.
- Manage the corporate pipeline by sector and plan approaches to sectors such as construction, technology, banking, telecoms, insurance, hospitality and law.
- To work closely with senior corporate managers and take part in pitch preparation and pitching where appropriate.
- Experience of generating new business/business generation within a charity or commercial environment
- Excellent research ability through various channels including, but not limited to, LinkedIn and industry publications
- Experience of using database systems (especially Raiser's Edge)
- A willingness to promote the business to personal contacts and connections
- A good understanding of charity legislation and its relevance to fundraising best practice.