Interim Corporate Category Manager - YORK
Interim Corporate Category Manager - York
An interim Corporate Category Manager is required for an initial 6 month contract to lead on specific category/categories to develop and deliver procurement transition, SRM and Contract Management reviews.
To do this you will take a strategic approach when managing all stakeholders, both internal and external, and collaborate with other departments and/or agencies. The Category Manager is required to manage strategic supplier relationships and business critical contracts, supporting the category lead in all commercial activities.
As a Category Manager you will:
- Manage a team of category analysts and category assistants As and when required engage with EU Exit project teams which have requirements related to the category, establish needs, provide support to develop pipelines and conduct procurement activities;
- Mentor and demonstrate leadership within teams or project teams to develop and implement corporate initiatives to control and secure compliance with business outcomes and to ensure continuous improvement in the field of procurement
- Provide day to day commercial advice to clients on procurement issues and governance, advising on and drafting appropriate procurement, and Contract Management strategies, which manage risk, exploit commercial opportunities and maximise value for money
- Manage cost drivers effectively;
- Manage relationships with internal category stakeholders and wider government;
- Support and create the establishment and maintenance of excellent relationships within customer organisations
- Manage and develop key Supplier Relationships to deliver exceptional performance in cost, service and quality
- Participate in the productions of National/European legislation guidance and standards to influence these processes and inform the business • Prepare contract management documents in conjunction with stakeholders
- Data analysis and specification reviews
- System review including Bravo and Contract finder
- Raising requisitions and raising POs
- Creating new contracts (for interims)
- Updating online guidance
- Completing the banner catalogue cross check review
- Persuasion and influencing skills in working with internal customers and colleagues
- Negotiation skills in working with suppliers and customers.
- Analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential procurement techniques such as Total Cost of Ownership
- Financial Analysis and pricing models and to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Research skills (including desktop research skills and access to market commentators) to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities / category areas
- Knowledge of E-tendering and contract management systems
Please apply now for further information and to be considered!!!