Financial Controller - Manufacturing - Based in East Lancashire - Newly created role - No1 on site
Your new company
You will be working for a mutli national manufacturing organisation who are at the forefront of their field and supply key components to the majority of the market they are in. With site all over the world the organisation has been trading for almost 100 years and has a hugely successful history due to it's innovative products.
Your new role
In your role as Financial Controller you will be the number one on site based from the companies UK head office in East Lancashire. Reporting to the CFO you will be required to lead the business from a finance perspective and drive forward commercially the organisations growth. You will also work closely with the UK MD in implementing improved efficiencies and controls to better streamline the organisation. Managing a team of 4 you will be responsible for -
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation and Jsox or Sarbanes Oxley
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to lead improvements
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the CFO/MD with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and board members
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) and have vast experience working within Manufacturing. You must have a proven track record of implementing controls and efficiencies that have driven a business forward commercially. You must be a keen business partner and enjoy working closely with non financial stakeholders. SOX experience would be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work within a rapidly growing organisation and will gain exposure to a worldwide organisation. An excellent salary package is being offered for this role and you will be a valued member of the senior management team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.