IT Operations Specialist, OSS
Newbury / London
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
About the role
As part of the OSS Operations Team, ensure the availability of the OSS services, including reactive and proactive activities. You will be responsible for supporting world class OSS Solutions for network rollout, performance, optimisation and analytics. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert in Networks OSS Cluster – Network Support, Readiness & Fulfilment, Mobile Commerce / Media / Analytics; or your responsibilities will be to support and administer the IP & Data Network Management Systems; which in most cases includes the server hardware, operating system and the applications. Onsite Customer facing may also be required..
You’ll be responsible for:
- As part of the OSS Operations team, improve service and customer focus and ensure that relevant parties are kept informed throughout any engagement. Own support of the IP&D OSS applications; manage the resolution of fault tickets and the progress of general administration duties as required. Pass to 4th line support where required.
- Carry out the resolution of fault tickets and application administration where required on the IP&D OSS estate. Work with other IT teams to develop standard fixes for use by 1st line support and front line colleagues to reduce volume of tickets into 2nd line and IT support as a whole.
- Proactively manage the applications supported to increase the reliability and quality of the services delivered, including reducing fault volumes, impact and MTTR. Create/Review & Modify documentation within the documentation library to comply with relevant standards.
- Experience with supporting (from 2nd line to 3rd line level) IPD OSS applications.
- Experience working with developers/vendors implementing fixes or improvements to IPD OSS.
- Experience of delivering against performance targets
- Ability to explain complex issues in simple, customer-centric language
- Specific knowledge or qualification of the following TACACS or IBM Tivoli Netcool, CA eHealth, Infovista (Foundation 4)IP-VPN Encrypt. Secure Connectivity ie PSN Connect
- Desirable – CCNP or MCSE or Ubuntu
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.