SQL and Support Developer
Our client is looking to recruit a SQL and Support Developer to assist in the development of new systems and third party integration.
- Responsible for Transactional SQL changes to produce reporting including extracting and the updating of data to and from the reservation system.
- Development of new screens and functionality within the reservation system to support customer sales utilising classic ASP and SQL knowledge.
- Interpret internal customer requirements, producing technical specifications, development of specified enhancements, test plans and evidence of testing.
- Provision of ad-hoc Management Information and reporting across the revenue, marketing, sales and Finance teams.
- Supporting, investigate, resolve and document bugs and faults that arise.
- Review and enhance existing jobs, procedures, reports and third party integration.
Skills and Qualifications required
Appropriate degree or HND and/or proven experience working with a CRM SQL DB
2+ years SQL DB experience
Hands on experience of developing high volume transactional DB Databases
SQL Server 2008 - 2016
Knowledge on how to implement Stored Procedures, Jobs, Functions, Triggers and Cursors, Views and Indexing using SQL.
Strong understanding of SQL Server technologies
Strong problem solving skills
Strong communication skills
Programming languages: TSQL, VB
MS office skills, especially Excel
Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
Structured, logical and analytical
Passionate about new technologies
Good commercial awareness
Recent programming qualifications
Experience of leisure or travel industry
Creating software testing protocols
SQL Server performance, configuration &maintenance
Experience in financial reporting preferred
Knowledge of CLR