Foundry Technical Manager
We are recruiting an exciting Foundry Technical Manager role based in the West Midlands. My client has significant resources and already achieved steady growth over the years. This role is looking for the right individual who has significant experience in a foundry environment, can be a technical lead for foundry queries and has Lean/CI background in delivering process change. The role will offer full autonomy and opportunities throughout the group.
Our client is a Global Manufacturer based in the West Midlands. Part of a large well known Multi-National company, my client has received significant resources over the last 12 months which has directly led site expansion and further growth. With further growth forecasted, boosted by a strong focus on innovation. My client is now looking for a Foundry Technical Manager to assist the company's expansion. The role offers full autonomy and significant career opportunities throughout the group as a Foundry Technical Manager.
Reporting directly into the Senior Management team and working cross functionally, this role will;
- Improve melting practices to maximise quality out and ensure lowest cost in a safe environment
- Co-ordinate foundry improvement initiatives using appropriate lean tools, and training in best practice.
- Work with the sales team to expand the range of materials produced.
- Train and develop existing team in best practices.
- Develop permanent solutions for customer concerns and advise on impact on %GM.
- Improve %GM on a part wise basis by implementation of good foundry practices that optimise yield and minimise non value added activities such as grinding.
- Be a role model for other employees and help create a vision for all of a world class manufacturing plant making a good return for its stakeholders.
- Uphold the companies values at all times.
- Must have significant foundry experience
- Background in lean cost reduction programmes
- Ability to work cross functionally with Quality, Production HSE etc.
- Experience of being a technical Lead for Casting issues
- Strong man management attributes
Competitive salary + benefits