Group Financial Controller
Elsby & Co are assisting a client with the recruitment of a Group Financial Controller at a time of growth within the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director this is a sole charge role in a friendly team, with finance ultimately being your responsibility. You must have a hands-on attitude and be happy to get involved at all levels.
Happy to consider either qualified or qualified by experience, this is a great opportunity to be involved in a business at the beginning of rapid growth plans and an ideal platform to grow your own skills and experience.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the day-day finances of 4 companies
- Annual budgets and cash flow forecasting
- Liaising with external accountants
- Bookkeeping and filing records of the businesses
- Expenses management and processing
- Intra-group invoicing and re-charging
- Asset register
- Process of journals and accounting adjustments
- CIS returns
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and supporting reports
- Bank account management and cash flow maintenance
- Purchase ledger management
- WIP and stock management and tracking
- Sales invoicing
- Sales ledger management and credit control
- Ensuring VAT & PAYE is processed, submitted and paid on time.
- General month end tasks and administrative support as required
- Working closely with external accountants to ensure finance department is in line with business growth plan.
- Experience in a sole charge finance role within an SME
- Motivated with excellent communication skills
- Good systems skills, including Excel and ideally Xero
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or qualified by experience
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please submit your CV for review.