Occupational Therapist Assistant - CAMHS
We are looking to recruit an Occupational Therapist Assistant to work with our CAMHS services. We offer CAMHS Acute and CAMHS PICU Wards for both males and females aged between 13 and 18.
Working as a support person for the nursing and multi-disciplinary team on the wards, the post holder will undertake a variety of administrative/clerical and reception tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST
- Assist in providing rehabilitation services for patients.
- Monitor the patients and understand their health issues and requirements and make sure that they are provided necessary support.
- Help patients in working through the rehabilitative exercises and treatments as suggested by the occupational therapist.
- Help them in compensating for their lost motor skills by helping them use some other organs in substitute and help them lead a more independent lifestyle
- Maintain and submit purchase orders for equipment required in the process of treatment.
- Provide regular progress reports including attending ward rounds.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Teaching and CPD programmes
- Generous study and exam leave
- Financial support for further training and personal development
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Appraisal and peer supervision
- Possible rotation between services
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Health Cash Plan
For further information on all of our opportunities, or to apply, please visit