Transport Team Manager
Transport Team Manager
Reference Number: req32920
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Division/Business Unit Information
KN Drinks Logistics is a specialist drinks only service provision. With a client portfolio of internationally recognised brands, it is our mission to create profitable growth by becoming the partner of choice to the Drinks Industry. Our commitment to building operational excellence through continuous improvement and developing our talented people is key to helping us deliver as promised.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the Transport Team Manager has responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost effective running of the fleet operations to the agreed budget and service targets and responsibility for transport and management within the RDC
- Managing both the core fleet and sub-contractors to complete deliveries. Managing delivery issues with own & contracted drivers, ensuring that all relevant issues are managed & communicated to all relevant departments
- Co-ordinate both timely and low cost deliveries to ensure Customer Service levels are met
- Ensure legal compliance of the transport operation
- Planning/allocating drivers & vehicles ensuring they adhere to EC regulations & WTD
- Control Vehicle maintenance
- Continually seek cost improvement methods to improve the overall running of the department
- Manage production of KPI's for core fleet and subcontractors
Your skills and experience
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Good organisation skills with ability to prioritise work
- Sound and efficient planning skills in a fast moving environment.
- A working knowledge of both WTD and digital tachographs
- Build relationships with customers, suppliers & other internal departments.
- Ability to analyse statistical information
- A methodical approach combined with attention to administrative detail
- Self-starter with a flexible and positive attitude
- Be able to work within a pressurised environment on their own initiative
- Logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi - customer environment
- Computer literate to include, Outlook, Word and Excel.
About Kuehne + Nagel
Learn more >> With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com