IT Support Manager
Our established and successful client is looking for a highly motivate individual to manage and develop their IT function.
The post holder would ideally come from an existing junior IT managerial position, but have the ability, drive and desire to grow within the role and make it their own. The position is ideally suited to someone who is looking to join a growing business, who is equally comfortable tackling the general day to day front line support, addressing issues and working closely with IT providers, along with taking on additional IT responsibility to fortify business infrastructure and growing their knowledge in a variety of key business areas.
Our client is raising brand awareness via a variety of websites, which in turn requires someone to manage SEO & PPC providers, along with website redesigns and identifying trends in website traffic. The successful candidate will be required to support the Senior Management team in all areas of IT, whilst ultimately managing effective relationships with a wide range of staff. They will demonstrate personal commitment and accountability to ensure standards are continuously sustained and improved both within the internal teams, and with partner organisations and suppliers.
- To carry out strategic change programmes and projects as directed by the Senior Management team
- To manage all 3rd party delivery partners and outsourced IT service providers to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Develop an agile IT strategy, which enables the business to remain adaptable and focused upon commercial delivery
- To be the expert and adviser on IT delivery matters, ensuring that IT initiatives are delivered in-line with expectations and good practice
The accountabilities of the role are to co-ordinate, manage and deliver all areas of IT. This includes:
- To work with the Senior Management team to ensure IT capability strategies are deliverable and that finance cases for proposed investments are appropriately scoped
- To ensure successful delivery of projects
- To ensure that overall IT risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies are appropriately managed and communicated to the Senior Management team
- To manage, measure and report on the required quality, scope, budget and outcomes of IT delivery projects
- To participate in procurements at various levels, ensuring alignment of requirements
- To work with other departments, to take advantage of and develop good practice frameworks, methodologies and delivery across the business
- Help deliver the strategy for business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Responsible for governance and all aspects of IT security
- Provide front line IT support
- Establish working relationships and act as a point of contact for the business group on all IT related matters
- To present & communicate technical information/issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly and concisely either, in a written or verbal form
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have an excellent performance record and have demonstrable experience, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills, being able to convey complex IT issues in a simple format
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Change management abilities
- Ownership of issues through to resolution
- Developing positive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external parties
- Prioritising work to meet demands of role
- Desire, vision and ability to help shape the businesses IT framework
- Design/graphical background would be advantageous
This is a full-time position of 35 hours per week to be worked Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with out of hours work required from time to time. There is an opportunity to join the group company pension, private medical insurance scheme after a qualifying period. 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service PLUS bank/public holidays. Salary in the region of £25,000 with opportunity to rise to the region of £30,000. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a great company.