Award-winning, high growth, technology and service driven group requires Accounts Assistant to join its well-established finance team. Offering excellent development and progression prospects together with study support we are looking for candidates with a good, broad, practical knowledge of the fundamentals of accounting gained recently in an entry level role.
Duties will include:
• Daily banking - process and reconcile cash every morning and process daily payment runs
• Pension banking - process payments and reconcile accounts for the pension team
• Purchase ledger - distribute invoices for approval, process invoices through Access Accounts and run daily payment runs
• Bank reconciliations
• Manual payments
• Month end - assisting with the preparation of month end reports and accounts
You will need:
• Proven skills and knowledge gained recently in a similar Accountancy role
• AAT part qualified
• A strong record of professional and/or academic achievement from GCSE(/equiv.) level or above - a quick learner
• Drive and the desire to progress
• Good communication skills and a cooperative approach, together with confidence and the ability to work calmly under pressure - a good team player
NB Basic salary is £18,000 per annum. In addition, it's quite normal to earn a £6,000 annual bonus (paid monthly) with good performance.
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.