Temp Production Editor/ Sub Editor (Employment Law)
A legal publisher in London providing online and print employment law resources are in need of a Production Editor / Sub Editor to start ASAP for a duration of 6 months to support the team during a busy period.
- Subbing and proofing content for sense and accuracy in accordance with house style and writing principles. Correcting copy for production, formatting set copy (in conjunction with content leads), marking up revised proofs, checking off amends
- Verifying own work and that of others
- Checking statutory, case and other legal references, online linking and bug-testing of newly uploaded online content
- Sending several current awareness and product publication emails a month using email distribution software and uploading further content to online websites
- Ensuring production schedules are met by liaising with the editorial team and on a broader level promoting the coordination and efficiency of content production across the business.
- Liaising with DTP operator and external proofreaders/sub-editors, as required
- Help create and amend editorial guidance on writing, house style, etc
- Creating annual subject and cases indexes and ensure accuracy of taxonomical classifications used in subject headings and creating case lists for the relevant publications
- Updating XML within commentary content management system with authored updates on a weekly basis
- Publishing weekly updates to test online environment and reviewing output; correcting as necessary
Experience / skills required:
- Strong degree in relevant subject such as English, Languages or Law
- High level literacy skills and the ability to provide superb attention to detail Subediting/proofreading/checking complex legal/technical content
- Good computer skills and solid experience with XML editing, Adobe PDF and DTP software (e.g. InDesign)
- Proficiency in use of a content management system
- Experience in a legal setting (law firm, regulatory body, legal publishing)
- Previous experience of working in an editorial and/or proof-reading role
Atwood Tate acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent and contract vacancies and an Employment Business for interim and temporary recruitment.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.