Installation Technician Traffic Signals, electrical
telent Installation Technician (Traffic Signals, electrical) Field based, Southampton
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Previous experience of installation work in the traffic industry would be a significant advantage or electrical installation works in a similar environment.
* However candidates within industry experience would be considered with relevant electrical experience.
* Carry out installation of Traffic and associated signal equipment.
* Carry out testing and electrical inspection of signal equipment.
* Install cables and joints.
* Wire cables at top caps and controllers to an agreed specification.
* Carry out on site risk assessments and follow method statements.
* Attend Team brief / Toolbox talks as required.
* Ensure test equipment, PPE and Vehicle are compliant with up to date certification.
* Will ensure that all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with telent's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
* Will report all accidents/incidents to Line Manager via telSAFE reporting system.
* Shall inform Line Manager of Health & Safety issues identified.
* Shall co-operate with telent on health and safety matters.
* Undertake planned switch out of traffic signals outside of normal working hours.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
Preferred qualifications as detailed below:
* Recognised electrical installation Qualification.
* G39 trained.
* Sector 8 approved.
* Positive attitude to problem solving and achieving goals.
* Team worker as well as being able to work alone where required.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.