IT Helpdesk and Support Technician
We are a prestigious school based in Farnham who are seeking an experienced and proactive IT Helpdesk and Support Technician to join our team.
The IT Helpdesk and Support Technician is responsible to the Headmaster and is supported by and reports to the IT Manager. Working Monday to Friday on a full-time basis, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £25k plus free parking, free lunches and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
The main duties will be:-
- Overall maintenance of IT equipment, including projectors and interactive whiteboards in all departments.
- Ensuring efficient and effective response to all staff and pupils from the ‘helpdesk’.
- Ensure calls are logged, updated and followed through to resolution on the helpdesk system.
- Introduction of new IT equipment and involvement in the development of IT.
- The training of staff.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the School’s website.
- Liaising with IT contractors.
- Development of software to suit the system.
- First line support for assessing repairs of TVs, media players etc.
- Cabling for telephones and the school’s network.
- Asset management and tracking.
- Familiarise yourself with the network and all applications and increase your understanding.
- Such other duties as required by and agreed with the IT Manager.
- To attend school functions as requested.
To be successful as IT Helpdesk and Support Technician, you will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within 1st line IT support. You will have experience of both hardware and software trouble shooting as well as experience of MS operating systems, windows 10. Experience of network configuration is a must. Ideally you will be Microsoft Certified or hold a relevant qualification in IT, but this is not essential.
You will be a confident and able IT professional with excellent communication skills who wants to wants to deliver outstanding IT service.
We would consider applicants who are working as a helpdesk support engineer and looking for their next challenge or an IT graduate with some experience who is seeking their next step.
Full training and support will be given to the successful candidate.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.