Senior Software Developer / Architect
SceneOne has an exciting opportunity to join of a multi-national market leader in IT Consulting Services which has been named by LinkedIn as a 'Top Attractor’ of the best talent in the UK market.
Our client provides cutting edge science and technology solutions into crucial industries such as defense, intelligence and healthcare, and as such they have built strong teams across their various locations in the UK who are working hard to support vital missions and solve the world’s toughest problems.
Due to the continued success and growth of the business, they are looking for experienced Software Architect to join their team based from their office in Glasgow.
You will join an existing agile team of passionate developers and architects to design solutions in response to customer needs which optimise, improve and add functionality to one of the business’ most complex and vital products suites which leads the market both in the UK and globally.
You will work collaboratively Subject Matter Experts and fellow Architects to transform customer needs into robust and risk-balanced designs which are aligned to product roadmaps. You will:
- Gather, analyse and define customer requirements
- Design solutions utilising web, .Net, Microservices, Open-Source and other technologies including databases
- Carry out impact assessment for proposed changes
- Developer design options and formalise these through models and documentation
- Perform technical reviews as necessary
- Define and contribute to transition strategies
- Identify and pursue opportunities for simplification or improvements on designs and processes
- Work collaboratively with your teammates as well as external stakeholders
- Be committed to quality
You will be required to BPSS Clearance, so all candidates must have the right to work in the UK with at least three years’ traceable work history in the UK.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be an experienced Software Architect working across a range of technologies including:
- ASP.Net, MVC, .Net Core
- SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB
- Transact-SQL, PL-SQL
- REST API
- MSSQL, No-SQL, Oracle etc.
You will also have knowledge of the following:
- Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Experience of solution design
- Agile working practices
- Using collaborative tools such as Jira, Microsoft TFS etc.
A competitive basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience, with extensive learning, development and progression opportunities and a generous benefits package.
For more information please get in touch with Lorna Burrows at SceneOne Ltd.