Regional Sales Manager Pan Africa
Based in England - with travel to Africa.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson are recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager, this role is responsible for defining and implementing sales strategies for the countries within Africa.
You will design and implement business plans for all Epson product sets for each market. You will be responsible for managing the performance of multiple countries within Africa. This role leads, builds & motivates to ensure a culture of a high performance from the sales team.
The role is based in Hemel Hempstead - United Kingdom, with regular travel to the region.
Business Plan & Go to Market Development
- Drive the implementation of the mid/long term growth strategy designed by the Senior Management
- Collaborate with the local and African Business Management team and other departments to drive and exceed mid/long term strategy for region
- Ensure best practice in Distribution, Reseller & End User Sales process & techniques and compliance with all standard processes and policies, using appropriate sales tools
Business Plan Implementation
- Implement and manage the delivery of the sub regional strategy for the product portfolio to achieve the business plan, including the development of required Channels
- Through the regional sales team, build a sales pipeline and quarterly goals to ensure strong funnel of near, medium and long term opportunities for new business from named targets and / or assigned markets/geography. Identify, nurture and close new opportunities that result in substantial growth in the company market share, revenues, and margin
- Ensure that the region is managed with a balanced Reseller/End User pipeline representing the strategic priorities of Epson and the wider company portfolio of products and services
- Develop key partner, customer and other relationships personally and through the regional team, as appropriate
- Represent the business to the press, at conferences, trade fairs and events
- Ensure sales team optimise the use of resources and manage appropriate expenses
Development and Implementation of Process
- Drive sales team to ensure process and rigour in following areas:
- Sales forecast & enrichment, sales activity, pipeline management, sales reporting
- Account planning / Sales action planning
- Marketing/Sales budget tracking / planning
- Manage local commercial approval processes and sign off for regional activities in line with levels of authority
- Challenge and drive sales team to create input to the forecasting process in assigned markets and contribute to forecast accuracy by provision of information and enrichment (including accurate tender information)
Management / Leadership
- Lead, challenge and motivate direct reports and wider team to ensure effective management and performance
- Ensure compliance with all standard processes and policies
- Act as the regional sales leader to drive wider business performance through new sales development and driving cross sales activities
- Provide an effective bridge (maintaining excellent communication & relationship) to all the support departments of sales
Key Skills and experience:
- Experienced working in a sales environment with proven record of achieving success through the development of new profitable sales across a multi country region preferably within the Africa continent
- Technical expertise in relevant product group(s) or similar discipline and able to communicate and demonstrate the value and technical benefits of products to end users and channel partners
- Experience operating in a complex European/Global matrix environment
- Experienced managing remote teams to deliver sales results (direct employees and indirect resource)
- Ideally educated to degree or equivalent level in business, technical or sales related discipline
- Ability to build and proactively manage relationships over short and long term to generate business growth
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of audiences
- Commercially aware and numerate with the ability to understand and manage priorities and risk in commercial terms
- Experienced operating and championing process/sales disciplines
- Self-motivated with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent thinker with the ability to make decisions and act autonomously, if required
- Strong IT skills, including a good understanding of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Track record of using sales productivity tools such as a CRM forecasting and pipeline reporting tool
- Fluent local English Language skills (verbal and written)
Epson makes products and delivers solutions for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. Our Career path offers a competitive salary with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in all Offices feel valued as part of our Global Community. We are going through an exciting period of growth and looking for people that have the spirit to seize new opportunities and drive growth.