Site Engineer - Off Shift, Nights
- Full Time
Site Engineer - Off shift, nights.
Mon - Fri
40 hours per week
7pm - 4am
Flexibility to work other hours/ weekends
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 + night shift bonus
23 day holiday per annum
Life assurance - 3x annual salary
Company Pension Scheme, matched contribution up to 3%
Reports to: Senior Site Engineer
To ensure that all equipment on the print floor is maintained to the highest standard possible.
Provide preventative maintenance and breakdown maintenance when required.
Provides advanced diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair for advanced electronic and mechanical production equipment to ensure efficient operations.
Essential Job Duties:
* Maintenance of equipment
* Trouble shooting - diagnosis of mechanical/electrical faults
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks
* Liaise with suppliers of production equipment
* Liaise with Production Manager and Shift Leaders on priority issues
* Source spare parts as required
* Maintain stock levels of critical parts in line with cost controls, repair parts, replacement recommendations.
* Communicate concise information at shift handover
* Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment to minimise risk
* Attend regular team meetings or training as required
* Performance of other maintenance duties throughout the building as required
* To be responsible for your own Health and Safety adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment.
* To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately.
* Engineers will also assist, support and work in general operations, facilities maintenance or production areas to assist with the production of books as business needs or shift leads dictate.
* Other duties as deemed necessary from time to time.
* 3 years equipment maintenance experience in a fast-paced production environment, with a strong electrical and mechanical background.
* Pre and post Print machinery experience desirable
* G.C.S.E Maths & English Grade C or above
* City & Guilds / NVQ or comparable qualification
* 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (BS7671) City and Guilds 2382 qualification desirable.
* Ability to retain knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
* Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
* Engineering/electrical knowledge
* Strong diagnostic skills
* Ability to apply mastery of skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate.
* Ability to work independently
* Organisational skills
* Ability to bring a task to closure
* Attention to Detail
* Personal Computing skills to include Microsoft Outlook
* Good communication skills
* Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
* Critical thinking skills
Essential Physical Demands:
* Role includes - walking, standing, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling, gripping/grasping, bending, squatting/kneeling, twisting/turning, climbing, crawling, reaching above shoulders, typing/keyboard
* Ability to perform repetitive manual tasks
* Ability to work in confined / cramped conditions
* Ability to stand/walk for majority of the day
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Ability to tolerate noise and vibration
* Ability to work a flexible schedule which could include nights and weekends
* Ability to travel as needed
* Exposure to wide range of temperatures
* Manual dexterity
* Ability to see in colour
* Depth perception