Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing - London - £70-75K plus Bonus
My client is a start-up with a difference, offering SaaS cloud solutions to the construction and safety industries. With a growing team of 10, they are now investing in the marketing function and on the hunt for a superstar Product Marketing Manager.
The candidate we are looking for can hit the ground running and is excited to take their product marketing strategy to the next level. Multiple hats are important at this stage of our growth.
They are now on the hunt for a superstar Head of Marketing. The candidate they are looking for can hit the ground running, with a proven ability to wear multiple hats at this stage of growth. You should be able to demonstrate an understanding of early stage SaaS B2B, be able to take ownership of the full marketing function whilst comfortable with working closely with the exec team with a proven ability to report at board level.
If you're self-motivated and excited by scaling a super innovative platform, this is a company that offers you an opportunity to lead, learn and grow.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the target industry through own research, event attendance, customer research, engagement with social media channels and competitor analysis
- Clearly identify the business challenges, needs, pain points and requirements by role with a view to developing impactful content and an effective engagement strategy, with a specific approach for our larger enterprise prospects
- Develop positioning and competitive differentiation of our self-service & enterprise SaaS product(s) in the heavy industry marketplace
- Work with the exec. team on pricing and launch strategy for new features and plans (including product focused PR)
- Lead all top of funnel lead generation and web customer acquisition efforts across owned, earned and paid media.
- Create a demand generation plan and budget for exec. approval and in line with quarterly revenue and business KPIs.
- Create, launch and optimize ROI on all paid campaigns and provide regular reporting on performance against targets.
- Develop digital and offline content for the audience that supports "What", "How" and "Why" buyers in their discovery process. Work with the team and industry experts in the development of that content. Content types will likely include Thought Papers, Emails Templates, In-person Events, Webinars, Videos, Case Studies, Win Stories, Web Copy, Tools and Blogs.
- Working closely with sales, customer success to define marketing materials, campaigns, and sales collateral
- Orchestrate a weekly meeting with sales team to ensure goals and plans remain on track. Review feedback on passed across "Sales Ready" opportunities and adjust activities and engagement model appropriately.
- Developing the marketing strategy, launch plans for new and existing products
- Recruitment of new team members
Please ONLY apply if you possess the following:
- Full marketing mix experience in a B2B environment - has set up a new marketing function, or grown it from a very basic level
- Proven ability to immerse yourself in your target market, gain a strong understanding of sector challenges, and identify relevant channels and communities
- Understands where the hand off and integration with sales should be for effective program development
- Events - has set up and run events (trade-show stands, round tables, working groups)
- Email marketing - can set up a campaign from scratch - able to use tools such as Hubspot (or similar), Mailchimp etc.
- Uses latest CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Webinars - has run or is willing to learn how to run webinars
- Understands reporting and can implement an agile, transparent reporting system
- Good understanding of PPC
- Understanding of SEO
- PR & analysts - in-house or external
- Budget ownership
- Investor & board management/interfacing/reporting
To apply for the Head of Marketing position, please click the 'Apply' button or email