Strategic Insight Director
An opportunity has arisen to join Kantar Worldpanel and be the Scottish figure head for the company, operating out of the Kantar Scottish office in the heart of the West End of Edinburgh.
You will be excited at working with leading food and drink brands to help them achieve their commercial ambitions in Scotland or the wider UK market by helping them unlock shopper and consumer insight that can help them grow.
You are already passionate about the Scottish food and drink industry as well as playing a leading role in this vibrant community.
You will be a good networker, able to develop and grow client relationships from scratch as well as nurturing and developing existing relationships.
You will be comfortable working on your own and independently from the team in London for much of the time, although periods of time will be spent in London on a regular basis so you must be prepared to travel and spend time away from home.
Your organisational skills must be excellent as you will be overseeing a wide portfolio of clients in partnership with the Client Services and New Business Teams based in London. Whilst the day to day client account management will be supported by the wider team, you will be critical in continuing to build the presence and reputation of the Kantar Worldpanel brand in Scotland with the food and drink and wider grocery/OOH markets.
The primary purpose of this senior role is to continue to develop and deliver the Kantar Worldpanel Vision for Scotland by -
- Networking and building relationships and business with client contacts across the public and private sectors
- Creating, planning and hosting the annual Kantar Worldpanel Scottish Client Day
- Leading competitive pitches to a wide range of clients across all categories of the industry, both existing and new
- Leading commercial and business development teams to help grow Kantar Worldpanel’s commercial footprint in Scotland by facilitating relationships and ensuring good communication with the London based team
- Driving awareness with the London team about your work in Scotland as well as what’s happening in the Scottish food and drink industry
- Develop Thought Leadership on the Scottish market and share both internally and externally
- Work with local press titles - both business and trade - to build our brand and credentials.
Key Skills and Experience
- You have an awareness and knowledge of the food and drink industry and are comfortable working with data and turning that data into insights
- You are a strong individual who is happy to be challenged and can express their point of view in an engaging and respectful way
- An experienced self-starter with strong leadership and relationship building skills
- You will have experience in managing a portfolio of clients or projects and guiding their commercial development
- You will be a strategic thinker to help identify and unlock new avenues to build the Kantar Worldpanel brand and commercial revenue
- You will have strong presentation and communication skills and will be comfortable in presenting to small and large audiences
- You will be good at writing and delivering presentations in an engaging way