Product Developer, gifts and games company
We are excited to be working with a very successful, trend-driven product design company who supply their inspiring and distinctive products to a variety of major retailers including John Lewis, Waitrose and Tesco.
They are looking for a talented Product Developer to join their creative team to work across key ranges that they supply to the UK, US and rest of the world.
Overview of the role:
- To investigate and manage New Product Development.
- To oversee the development of products at all stage of the product life cycle.
A typical day in this Product Developer role:
- Briefing the design team on new product development
- Identifying key trends/ gaps in the market for new product development
- Helping to identify product improvements for existing products
- Managing the product from concept through to delivery
- Briefing factories clearly with product specifications, negotiating pricing and ordering samples
- Working with the Technical director to ensure products comply with all requirements.
- Working with the design team briefing new ranges to be visualised and finalised
- Proof checking artwork; ensuring the contents, product imagery, barcodes, product codes and batch codes are all correct
- Creating and reviewing product and packaging specifications to be sent to the factory
- Ensuring all pre-production and production samples are organised and signed off internally and externally
- Visiting factories to discuss product development and checking stock
- Attending trade fairs in the UK and Far East
- Comparative shopping on a regular basis to check own product in store and keep an eye on the competition
Knowledge, qualifications and experience required for this Product Developer role:
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience working for a gift company within a similar role
- Must have past experience working with the Far East
- Excellent communication skills - in both briefing and feedback scenarios
- Solid experience working with critical paths and development time lines (including chasing up deliverables).
- Adaptability - willing to accept responsibilities outside your normal remit
- Key knowledge of the gifts and games industry
- Strong commercial sense and awareness
For a chat about this Product Developer position please get in touch with Lucy Earing.