Desktop Support Technician
Your new company
Hays IT is recruiting for a Desktop Support Technician to work for one of the largest employers in the South West. Based in Exeter, you will be working across a broad range of technologies and liaising across multiple areas of the business. You will be supporting incidents, problems and requests while being responsible for answering first line, sometimes complex and non-routine, IT requests via phone, email and live chat and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of IT services and proactively fulfil standard requests, deliver non-complex 1st and 2nd line operational support and advice to IT users, and ensure service desk processes and systems are used effectively.
- Act as a central information point for IT operational support, encouraging users to follow standard processes and procedures, and promote self-service opportunities.
- Assist in the follow up and resolution of IT service customer enquiries, complaints and suggestions.
- Provide general and specialist administrative support and escalate complex issues to minimise the adverse impact of IT service availability on business continuity.
- Accurately document IT service customer enquiries, complaints and suggestions using standard templates, and undertake quality checking of data to ensure accuracy, consistency, efficiency and timely delivery.
- Service meetings and committees by providing agendas, minutes, papers, as well as managing logistical arrangements.
- Implement a varied range of standard technical and operational work under routine direction, and resolve problems by promoting and following standard procedures and best practices, and collate, monitor, and interpret data, providing written recommendations and summaries.
- Train others in the correct usage of processes and procedures as required and within your area of responsibility.
- Assist in the monitoring and continuous improvement of end-to-end IT services, and support new ways of working, training others as required and ensuring a comparable experience across all campuses and locations.
- Contribute to service support reviews and operational review meetings with internal and external suppliers.
- Participate in relevant working groups as required, proactively contributing and reporting progress on agreed actions.
- Work with the Technical & Knowledge Author and contribute to keeping IT service reference materials and information about solutions to known issues up-to-date.
- Work collaboratively with other Services Management teams, undertaking joint decisions on operational matters as required.
- Required to work shift patterns, different delivery methods, and flexible working practices to support the extended teaching day and events.
What you'll get in return
- £9.83 per hour
- Temporary contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this Desktop Support Technician role in Exeter, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this Desktop Support Technician role in Exeter isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.