Senior IT Technician
Senior IT Technician
£25,000 - £33,000, dependent on experience
Our client is an established and growing provider of IT solutions. They are an experienced team of consultants whoprovide/manage technical and strategic IT support to a variety of businesses and organisations across the UK. Their service covers conventional network, software and hardware support and this company is one of only 150 selected Microsoft Gold Partners in the UK.
They are passionate about great IT & Network infrastructure and challenge the norm, by going 'above and beyond’ the service usually expected of IT support companies. They have a consultative approach to the way they do things, and because of their exceptional approach to client relationship management (evidenced across all levels within the business) they have a higher than usual number of long term retained clients and are continuing to increase these figures through referrals and recommendations.
To assist with their continued growth/expanding client base, we are searching for someone to join our client’s IT helpdesk. Operating from their established location (with plenty of room to expand), this opportunity will be most suitable to someone with a natural aptitude when it comes to identifying and resolving technical issues, as well as a commercial acumen.
Our client is looking for someone who has a keen interest in IT outside of the workplace. You will be someone who keeps up to date with new technologies and will read industry specific literature. You will already have demonstrable experience but won’t be afraid to get stuck in and continue learning, whilst also providing support to junior members of the team.
The directors remain hands on and actively encourage all staff members to pursue relevant industry continued professional development. They are ideally looking for someone who has an MCSE certification or who is currently undertaking the qualification. They have ambitious plans for growth over the next 2-5 years and would like their people to grow with the business.
Forming a key part of the IT helpdesk, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT support and the implementation of IT solutions. You will be expected to respond to and handle all queries, ensuring a resolution is met within a set response time, and that all service cases are logged. You will also assist junior members of the team with any escalated issues, ensuring any queries are researched appropriately, until you have reached a satisfactory resolution. This will be done via telephone, email and face to face meetings.
Working closely with your clients on a consultative basis, you will manage their technical and strategic requirements by delivering the best possible solutions to drive their business forward. You will attend regular client meetings, where you will discuss your client’s requirements in order to upsell our clients products and services. Our client is very clear about making sure they don’t have a 'hard sale’ approach, and instead by understanding the requirements of their clients, this approach works for them.
Your duties will include the following:
- Promptly respond to any helpdesk enquiries
- Isolate and resolve any technical issues independently and remotely, within a reasonable time frame (desktops, servers and networks)
- Support junior colleagues with any unresolved issues that have been escalated to you - this will be done by researching issues appropriately
- Actively manage client accounts by organising regular site visits to discuss their ongoing IT requirements and look for opportunities to upsell products and services
- Provide guidance to junior members of staff, including technical input where required
- Highlight areas within the business where additional training may be required
- Logging of all communications and customer support cases via an internal CRM system
- Visiting client sites to fix issues that cannot be resolved via telephone and email and spotting sales opportunities at the same time
- Implement IT solutions (both hardware and software)
- Assisting clients with adoption and education - advising on product functionality
- Project managing internal and external projects
- Provide support to internal colleagues
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years demonstrable experience providing technical customer support/implementation, including change configuration, problem, performance and operational management
- The ability to deal with key stakeholders is extremely important
- Strong knowledge of technical language and IT literacy
- A sound understanding of various operating systems and browsers, including troubleshooting skills
- The ability to prioritise own workload, and to multitask effectively
- Are motivated and self-driven
- Strong levels of written and verbal communication
- A computing/technical degree would be desirable
- You will ideally have an MCSE server certification or a MCSA certification as a minimum, with the desire to pursue an MCSE certification
- A full UK driving license and access to your own vehicle as you will attend client site meetings
OUR IMPRESSION OF THE BUSINESS
- Friendly and sociable - Team spirit is very important to them and is evident
- Invests heavily in their staff:
- They have a budget set aside for training and qualifications and encourage everyone to undertake continued professional development
- They have a clear succession plan/career path for their employees and reward staff accordingly - they are very transparent about how this works. The more qualified and experienced you become, the more opportunity there will be for reward and responsibility within the business
In return you will be provided with:
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Expense payments
- 20 days holiday (increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 25 days) + bank holidays
- Regular salary reviews upon successful completion of MCSA exams