Software Engineer (Python / Django)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on a large-scale machine learning project within the company. Working with the latest models and software libraries in computer vision, natural language processing and deep learning, you will use your engineering experience to design and implement scalable and robust software solutions. You will work closely with the Senior Software Engineer, Data Scientists and project stakeholders to ensure that the software design meets the requirements of the project.
The London Engineering Cluster is part of a multi-cluster, multi-discipline Engineering Domain split between London, Porto and Lisbon. Our main purpose is to harness the power of Farfetch’s data to deliver solutions that support business decisions and discover new ways to amaze our customers.
Just as the rest of Farfetch, all Clusters of Data Teams are committed to help us become the world's leading e-commerce platform. We are constantly looking for brilliant people like you who enjoy the challenges of a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
A day in the Life
- Design and build robust microservices in our multi-cloud data platform.
- Be creative, very creative. Imagine Greenfield. Now multiply it with the largest number that comes to mind.
- Work cross-functionally with BI, Data, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders to create high-value solutions.
- Work with your teammates to set and maintain development standards and practices.
What you’ll do:
- You will design and build robust microservices in our multi-cloud data platform.
- You will be creative, very creative. Imagine Greenfield. Now multiply it with the lasrgest number that comes to mind.
- You will work cross-functionally with BI, Data, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders to create high-value solutions.
- You will work with your teammates to set and maintain development standards and practices
Who you are:
- You are a degree holder with "Computer" or "Maths" or "Physics" in the title. Alternative disciplines are mostly welcome if you can dazzle an audience with your work experience!
- You are a person whom enjoys meaningful coding in Python, Scala, Golang, or Java while blindfolded.
- You are intimate with Docker in both local testing and production settings
- You are someone who has written a near-real time streaming / micro-batching event processing solution with Spark or Flink or Dataflow from scratch.
- You are someone who knows all about code release, deployment, scheduling and monitoring (Artifactory, Octopus, TeamCity, Gradle, Airflow, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus... you get the idea).
- You are someone who eats software and algorithm design patterns for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And in between. At scale.
- You are someone who is a mover, a quick one, always calm under pressure and live to deliver value by solving complex problems... or simple ones which are often complex.
About the department:
We're the beating heart of Farfetch, supporting the running of the business and exploring new and exciting technologies across web, mobile and instore to help us transform the industry. Split across three main offices - London , Porto and Lisbon - we are the fastest growing team in the business. We're committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help us shape tomorrow's customer experience.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.