Head Of Commercial Finance
An e-commerce advertising media business, with a vision to become the global data-driven marketing platform of choice that connects consumers and merchants. With more than 17 years of experience in digital marketing, their mission is to provide qualified clicks to retail & travel merchants (shops) across all our markets.
They operate in 22 countries and have physical offices across europe.
Looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to lead our commercial finance function. Prior experience in a fast paced, data intensive, customer facing business is essential. This role supports all local and global commercial finance activities across the Group.
- Contribute to the Pricing strategy of the company, driving the optimal balance between revenue, margin and quality across the product portfolio, countries and merchants.
- Contribute to the development and prioritisation of the company's product roadmap by acting as the voice of finance and quantitative analysis.
- Monitor and drive optimal trading performance across multiple countries in partnership with the commercial teams.
- Develop robust unit economic models to ensure maximum ROI across product portfolio.
- Financial modelling / forecasting of GM trends, identifying risk and opportunities.
- Monitor and analyse business performance. Link P&L outcomes to commercial KPIs such as
- Merchant pricing, acquisition, and churn
- Publisher economics and traffic volumes
- Website traffic and conversion
- Advise on the development of merchant and publisher onboarding processes and systems.
- Conduct financial analysis for M&A opportunities and manage due diligence process.
- Capex Budget management.
- Develop and present business cases for new initiatives and products.
- Post implementation performance review of launched projects.
- Modelling and advice on incentive schemes for management and commercial staff.
- Develop new MI and KPI reporting to support strategic and tactical decision making.
- Assist senior management in ad-hoc projects as required.
Management and development of the Finance Business Partner - Commercial.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (3-4+ years PQE).
Degree qualified, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Mathematics.
A high level of commercial acumen and a natural affinity with the CEO, investors, and the senior management team.
Solid academic background. Ideally with a professional accountancy qualification from a tier one accountancy firm or blue chip corporate at some stage in career.
3+ years Commercial Finance experience essential in a fast paced, customer facing business.
Data-driven decision making experience essential, working with large datasets, developing KPIs for a data intensive business.
Business partnering with commercial stakeholders.
Business case development and presentation experience to a senior management audience.
Experience in an ecommerce/digital business is a clear advantage.
Experience in businesses involving either complex technology or sales staff a plus.
Experience working with colleagues and stakeholders in multiple international locations a plus.
Energy and passion.
Highly motivated and ambitious self-starter for success.
Ability to motivate, inspire, and influence others. A team player that builds relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Highly analytical. Strong commercial analysis skills. Ability to apply logical thinking to gathering and analysing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans and options.
High quality Excel and financial modelling skills.
Commercial judgement. Experience of proactively challenging and influencing the business based on insight, knowledge and fact.
Able to defend a position within an atmosphere of rigorous debate.
Excellent communication. Ability to articulate orally and in writing, complex and detailed information in an easy to understand manner to all levels of the business.
Proactive, can-do, resilient and adaptable.
High levels of personal efficiency and organisation.
Role holder must be eligible to work in the UK.
Must be fluent in English.