Software Developer - Solihull - £28 -32,000 Fully Expensed Company Car
My client is a profitable and growing nationwide retailer. As a result of expansion they are looking to create this new post as Software Developer to develop systems that work together to provide and maintain a competitive edge in all areas of the business; infrastructure, retail and distribution.
You will have the opportunity to work on several different technology stacks, ranging from PHP/Web Development to Java and Data Warehousing. Many of the daily challenges involve very large and distributed data sets each with its own set of challenges. It is fast moving, so you will need to be comfortable with steep learning curves in a very busy environment.
- You will be based at their Head Office in Solihull, having contact with other stakeholders relating to any particular project and visiting stores or distribution centres when overseeing changes.
- Reporting directly to the Development and Projects Manager you will work closely with the IT Support and Development teams and be instrumental in the delivery of new and exciting projects.
- Work in various areas and with other developers to design and deliver new solutions.
- Help deliver, maintain and improve modern, efficient web applications
- Create intuitive user interfaces and admin tools to provide accurate real-time business information, dashboarding, integration with other online services and API’s.
- Simplify, improve resilience and monitoring of existing services and future proofing and ensuring scalability
- Possess strong academics and ideally at least a 2:1 degree in Computer Science
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience developing and supporting robust, websites
- C++ and Shell Scripting is a major bonus.
- Attention to detail, testing, privacy, security and scalability.
- Self-motivated and a committed approach to being integral to a successful team
- A starting salary of £28 - 32,000 dependent on experience
- A fully expensed company car
- A generous company pension
- Store discount
- Life assurance
- Full training and support package
As a business which is always looking to move forwards they are seeking talented and ambitious individuals to support their growth. If you feel you have what it takes to succeed in this kind of environment then please forward a CV for immediate consideration.