Teaching Assistant with hearing impairment experience
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant with experience working with Hearing impaired children? Looking to work in a stimulating environment which will utilise your skill set and love for working with children?
We currently work with a Primary School near Hornsea who are potentially looking for a Teaching Assistant with experience supporting children with hearing impairment. The role may be part time or full time and will be starting as soon as possible.
This is a brilliant opportunity to really be involved with the pupils development, playing a big part in their lives at school.
The role will involve:
- Setting up activities both indoor and out
- Assisting in planning lessons for the children
- Supporting children with a hearing impairment.
- Ensuring pupils are as engaged as possible during learning times
- Getting involved with lessons, meaning understanding the objective of the lesson and sometimes getting up to stand by the teacher and help deliver
- Ensuring a safe and nurturing place for pupils
- Communicating with staff and parents / carers in regards to pupil progress, development areas and concerns
- Assisting with parent meetings and evenings
- Deliver progress reports as and when need be
- Step in for the teacher on an ad hoc basis as and when necessary
- Able to confidently differentiate between learning styles and techniques
- Demonstrate a patient and calming nature
- Take responsibility for the class pupils on occasions such as register and dinner time
Have a strong knowledge of early years and evidence of prior experience
Have a strong grasp of both written and spoken English
Have experience working with a child with a hearing impairment.
Have experience with Makaton or BSL.
Believe in the potential of every child and be committed to seeing that every child reaches that potential
Be able to inspire learning beyond the classroom, ensuring that learning doesn't stop once the school day ends
Possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of children
A genuine passion for working with and seeing development in children
Experience in a similar role is highly advantageous
Working with a lovely group of children who are eager to learn and develop
Fantastic CPD opportunities with Randstad Education
A refer a friend scheme of £300
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send your details forward by applying now. We are keen to speak with candidates at every level in their career and would welcome applicants with any form of education qualification and experiences. Please call or email