IT Audit Manager
IT Audit Manager - Edinburgh
Salary c. £65,000 - £80,000 + Excellent Benefits
Benefits - Car, Bonus at target, PMI, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
The Internal Audit function has an outstanding track record for developing talent and realising the potential of people through internal moves across the business. Following the appointment of the current leader of the function into an executive role within the business, a new Group Audit Director has recently been promoted from within the team. As the profile and demand for Internal Audit has increased over recent years, we have a mandate for further growth and are creating several new senior roles within the function. We are looking for excellent subject matter experts and outstanding audit leaders who can demonstrate the Group IA behaviours and values to join us.
You will play a key role in delivering robust and independent assurance through innovative application of data analytics and technology skills. You will work closely with the Group Audit Director to implement key components of the IA Strategy, collaborating with colleagues in Internal Audit and other areas of the Group.
With substantial technology risk and analytics experience, you will provide insight and challenge to our business leaders and the Group Executive Committee through impactful audits that showcase the best of audit innovation. A substantial component of this role will involve developing our approach to assurance through high profile and challenging internal audit projects, including continuous monitoring and visualisation. You will be provided with a supportive, collaborative and open environment to think creatively and to enhance the value that IA brings to our customers and members.
You will be highly motivated to succeed with strong analytical and problem solving skills. There is potential to take on a broader technical or leadership business role in the Group, or to be a succession candidate to the Regional Head of Audit in the longer term.
Collaborating with the recently appointed Group Audit Director and IA Senior Leadership team to shape key components of the function's strategy, with an emphasis on analytics, visualisation and continuous monitoring.
- Responsible for implementing action plans to deliver IA Strategy, leading and coaching colleagues in IA and partnering with external consultants on RLG IA analytics projects.
- Input to the development of the group-wide annual audit plan; in particular, preparation of plans to cover the technology audit universe and to apply analytics through direct assurance activity.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of technology controls and analytics audits, along with other IT and analytics specialists in the team to deliver the annual technology and analytics audit plan.
- Develop impactful presentations of audit insights to engage stakeholders and strengthen the business control environment, through visualisation and innovative assurance approaches.
- Brings a disciplined and robust approach to internal audit delivery, and demonstrates strong commercial and risk appetite awareness.
Key skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will possess a recognised accountancy, auditing or technology qualification along with a strong Financial Services background gained in professional practice or industry.
- Expert knowledge of technology risk and internal controls and relevant IT platforms (including Windows, UNIX, Mainframe, Oracle and SQL).
- Comprehensive experience of data analytics in a risk or assurance setting, including data querying tools.
- Experience of visualisation techniques and tools, such as Tableau or Qlik Sense.
- Awareness or experience of continuous monitoring is desirable.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal.
- Can work with broad range of stakeholders and coach others to develop their expertise.
- Ability to problem solve, and interpret strategic objectives into deliverables within a collaborative and supportive environment.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact or call him on .