Finance Assistant / Manchester City Centre / Salary £25K / Permanent
I am exclusively representing an expanding company, setting up their finance function in Manchester city centre. You will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
Duties & responsibilities:
* Using Sage 50
* Receive and process all purchase Invoices
* Prepare a list of suppliers to be paid fortnightly and ensure all supplier accounts are settled within terms
* Reconciling supplier statements with the purchase ledger
* Check/process employee and contractor expense claims in accordance with the company's expense policy, ensuring all expenses are received and settled in a timely manner.
* Check the company credit card against receipts and enter into Sage 50
* Raise Sales Invoices
* Credit Control, chasing debts, ensuring all customers accounts are settled within terms
* Deal with Customer & Supplier queries in a timely manner
* Ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
* Managing Office Stationery requirements and archive/storage of prior years accounting records
* Maintain all customer files ensuring all current contracts are in order.
* Maintain the Company Equipment Register, including dealing with mobile phones
* Assist with payroll
* Assist the Finance Manager with any ad-hoc duties as required
This role is best suited to someone who has:
* AAT qual or studying
* Strong Excel skills
* Analytical skills with the ability to present solutions
* Excellent communication skills
* Highly motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic team player
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant, looking to grow their career.
Contact James at Search Consultancy on /
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.