Graveyard Shift Document Specialist - City £26 per hour
We are recruiting for a Document Specialists for the following shifts:
- 0900 - 17.00
- Midday - 08.00
- 16.00 - Midnight
These positions will be based working within the document and creative services department of this leading law firm.
To produce high quality documents, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently, accurately and to the highest standard within defined time frames using all resources and applications efficiently.
- Dealing with teams in Document Services and Business Services, in various offices and also clients and management teams.
Role and responsibilities
- To produce or amend documents to the highest standards possible with accuracy and in a timely manner. This will be using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint but could also include In Design, Visio or other software applications as appropriate
- To "trouble-shoot" and health check documents as requested
- To provide expert document advice for clients, supplementing that provided by the global help desk and training team, including remote controlled access to PCs and desk-side coaching, if required
- To communicate with the department's clients to clarify queries and meet their expectations
- Effective resolution of all client-related concerns and queries, escalating as necessary
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with difficult client situations, assessing the best course of action to resolve the issue, clarifying and re-enforcing best practice in our policies and procedures
- To organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others, as follows:
o to book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure, working with the department's clients and the Bridge to take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate
o to schedule work appropriately to the on-site, off-site or outsourced teams, following department, administrative and technical procedures and using all available technology
o to liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and ensure that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and to follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issues
o to outsource certain documents using the relevant and correct procedures
o To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off-shift.
- To be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required
- Legal or similar professional services experience preferred
- Experience/understanding of the principles of effective workflow management
- Experience of working on complex technical documents in client and deadline driven environments
- High levels of accuracy required
- Advanced technical skills - good understanding of Adobe Creative Suite an advantage and Microsoft Office essential
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the needs of the
business and the ability to proactively suggest how these should be met
- Good written and oral communication
- Excellent organising skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Excellent client service skills
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Committed to personal development
- Strong communication
- A good team player
Taylor Burlington strives to responde to all applicants within 5 working days. Due to volume response it is not always possible to do so and you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard from us.
Thank you for your itnerest in this vacancy.