Job Title Software Developer
Job Type Full time, Permanent
Salary £38,000- £42,000
Location Larkfied, Kent
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our dynamic Team. This position is a great opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic SD with a track record of impacting the way the end users use technology to improve the commercial outcomes.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting web and desktop solutions that support new and improved business processes as well as entirely replacing features already present in the system. Part of this work could include facilitating the integration of in-house technology to external systems improving automation where there is an opportunity and taking advantage of modern cloud platforms along the way.
Working as part of a team, you'll need to demonstrate the ability to contribute to a team environment as well as using your own initiative to manage your own workload. You will be an essential member of the group-wide IT team that implements critical line-of-business technology changes. There may also be an opportunity to work with our suppliers and clients where our technology development paths cross.
Competencies for success - candidates MUST have:
- Proficient in C#, understanding its ecosystems and developing against the Microsoft .NET framework
- Knowledge and ability of using Entity Frameworks 6
- Proficient in delivering server-side, client-side and web-based solutions using Microsoft development technologies
- Knowledge of key design patterns such as MVVC
- Experience of Windows Presentation Framework and WinForms UI development
- Good visual design regardless of presentation technology to provide easy-to-use and intuitive interfaces for users that adhere to popular and established design methodologies
- Knowledge of SOAP or RESTful Web Service API development and data exchange methods such as XML, WSDL and JSON
- Knowledge and experience of developing against Microsoft SQL Server back-end databases, effectively consuming and updating data using SQL statements
- Knowledge and skills of working with broader Microsoft development technologies such as ASP.NET and other server-side frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of using version management systems (specifically Git)
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit test-driven development (TDD) including the use of MOQ and NUnit (or similar)
- Familiar with modern design and architectural technologies and development methodologies
- Understanding of the Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses and workarounds
- Excellent written skills, contributing to existing and new documentation throughout the software development process
- Strategic, creative, interpersonal and organisational skills
- A knack for writing clean and readable code
- An ability to identify issues or inefficiencies in existing software design and be confident in making code improvements that improve functionality, reliability or performance while avoiding software regression through effective testing and QA
- An ability to quickly absorb business processes and logic
- An engaging and persuasive manner with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Some of your responsibilities will include:
We offer a relaxed and fun working environment, a casual dress code, onsite parking and an attractive benefits package including enhanced annual leave, pension and flexible working, as well as the opportunity for further training and development within this growing team.
Work with IT staff and key business stakeholders to identify requirement-gaps in our in-house solutions and proactively offer and own developments that improve functionality or efficiency or remove operational risk; Work with the IT team, commercial staff and external parties on the development and ongoing replacement of existing systems. Provide input to the design and planning process for new bespoke solutions and their implementation; Understand and input into the overall Group IT software development strategy, working with IT staff and commercial stakeholders to identify market opportunities and assess the benefit of development against the challenges, risks and cost of implementation; Create and keep up-to-date documentation to support the development and support process; Effectively engage with staff at all levels whilst constantly managing expectations.