Purchase Ledger/ Accounts Assistant
Purchase Ledger Accounts Assistant, Welshpool, up to 19500
Your new company
You will be working for a large manufacturer or high quality products who are looking for a new member of their Accounting team to take responsibility for the Purchase Ledger Function
Your new role
You will have full responsibility for the Purchase Ledger and duties will include:
- Log invoices received, Maintain purchase invoice register and update promptly.
- Process all purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner (manual matching to GRN's and PO's).
- Process expenses and company credit card payments in line with company expense policy.
- Identify disputed invoices and monitor for progress in resolving issues, assisting the business where necessary in such resolution.
- Take responsibility for the balances on the aged creditor reports; reconciling balances to supplier statements and resolving any discrepancies.
- Produce month end accruals in respect of goods received not invoiced.
- Produce purchase ledger month end reports for management reporting.
- Maintain records for Construction Industry Scheme compliance and process CIS tax deductions through purchase ledger.
- Produce proposed payment runs for review inline with the company cash flow forecast.
- Maintain payments cashbook and process non purchase ledger related payments.
- Assist with other requirements of the Finance department as and when required including but not limited to, processing journals, ad hoc analysis, credit control cover, year end support etc.
- Support any future ERP system implementation, from a purchase ledger and banking perspective, assisting with system testing as and when required.
- Proactively contribute to process improvements within the department.
What you'll need to succeed
Successful candidates should be an enthusiastic experienced Accounts Assistant with ledger processing skills.essential. You should be AAT or qualified by experience and have strong IT skills including Excel.
Sage and CIS experience would be an advantage but not essential.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity with a highly reputable business who can offer excellent holiday and working hours and well as good training an a friendly and supportive team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.