Accessibility Test Analyst
Accessibility Test Analyst
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£40,000 - £50,000
A market leader in the education sector is looking to recruit an experienced Accessibility Test Analyst to join their Scrum Team. You will be reporting to the Test Strategy Manager and part of a small dedicated team, tasked with contributing to the product development lifecycle by clearly defining accessible outcomes for feature development. You will also have a deep empathy for and understanding of the disabled user experience.
You will have a passion for solving problems, developing concepts from prototype and through to accessible solution and will possess creative flair, combined with a solid understanding of the software development process. The right candidates will come from a technical background, having worked within the IT sector delivering software products.
Key roles and responsibilities:
· At least 2+ years experience in an accessibility test role across the full software development lifecycle and have full knowledge of Accessibility audits & WCAG 2.0
· Contribute to the ongoing documentation of product accessibility
· Test new and experimental accessible features for possible inclusion in the product
· Be proactive in the approach to testing organisational solutions, and make suggestions regards building quality in all areas of the delivery program
· Understand the need to test business requirements, user stories, end user activities involving new and existing functionality, and any pertinent information adding feedback when required for test preparation
· Develop acceptance criteria into fully functional test scripts / cases, and understand the full process of testing these test scripts / cases and any pertinent information mitigating risk and identifying the quality gauges
· Perform early exploratory testing of testing environments and have a good working knowledge of System Integration, User Acceptance, Operational Acceptance and Functional Regression Testing
· Test accessible UI designs as prototypes on the relevant development platform(s)
· Capture, manage and resolve defects found during test execution cycles
· Knowledge of: Agile methods; iterative development models; component testing; integration testing; system testing; acceptance testing; Alpha and Beta testing; functional testing; maintenance testing; impact analysis
· Knowledge of test design techniques: test design specification; identifying test conditions; test case specification; test procedure specification; prioritising tests; black-box and white-box techniques
· Experience in writing and the execution of test scripts and working closely with developers
· Keeps up to date on accessibility and usability trends and techniques, as well as researching queries for clients
· Working knowledge of assistive technologies (JAWS, Dragon, ZoomText) and Windows and OSX accessibility features.
· Knowledge of automation testing and associated tools (e.g. RIATest, Selenium) would be beneficial. Candidates should have the willingness to get involved in automation testing (learn and implement techniques) as well as manual testing (desirable)
· ISEB / ISQTB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (desirable)
· Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (desirable)
In return they offer a relaxed and friendly working environment, very competitive salary, 25 days holiday, 3% pension and excellent opportunities to progress your own career.
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity with a market leading company then please send your CV to and I will then give you a call to discuss in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79987005