Senior Project/Programme Manager Employee Benefits
Senior Project /Programme Manager (Employee Benefits)
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK. A leading provider of pensions administration, employee benefits consultancy and cutting-edge technology, we're a multi award-winning organisation servicing over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. We're looking for an experienced Employee Benefits Senior Project / Programme Manager to join us and help us to continue to delight our clients.
Experience of Employee Benefits and Rewards is essential for this role.
About the role
You will manage and control Transition and Change projects delivering to a high quality in accordance with the agreed plan, Co-ordinating the delivery of the project by ensuring all work streams have taken the appropriate action to complete the tasks efficiently within specified time scales at an agreed cost.
- Take ownership and manage any project assigned to you (Variety of new and existing business)
- Produce and maintain project management control documentation required for the effective initiation, delivery and closure of each project ensuring PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology is applied where appropriate
- Ensure that all Work Stream responsibilities are clearly communicated to and agreed by all parties
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the project by ensuring all Work Streams have taken the appropriate action to complete the tasks efficiently within specified time scales at an agreed cost
- Proactively manage changes in project scope using agreed change control process as defined in project documentation
- Provide regular reports and any other relevant project information, detailing progress against the agreed plan, highlighting any potential or real issues to project Stakeholders affected by or involved in the project to ensure that projects are completed efficiently within specified time scales as defined in departmental standards
- Record project risks and issues on the project RAID log, report these appropriately and manage these to successful closure, ensuring you:
- Identify and report breaches immediately to your line manager and/or the Operational Risk and Compliance Department as appropriate and plan and implement timely effective corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Plan the effective mitigation of risks, devising appropriate contingency plans and escalating to your line manager where necessary
- Identify the root cause of issues and plan and implement timely effective corrective action, including invocation of change control where appropriate
- Conduct project Post Implementation Reviews to review the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and controls and make recommendations to enhance service delivery, improve processes and reduce potential complaints and business risks.
About you / Essential skills
- You will have a proven track record of project managing large, complex projects within the employee benefits industry - Essential
- Strong client facing skills with the ability to take ownership and make decisions - Essential
- A sound understanding of pensions administration, employee benefits and implementation processes - Essential
- Proven ability of participating in any sales/new business bids, where requested and provide support for planning estimates and documentation - Essential
- Ability and willingness to cope with changing responsibilities, high workloads and to work in a project environment, often to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with people at all levels, including senior stakeholders and develop strong working relationships.
- Attention to detail and commitment to providing quality service
- Able to participate in presentations
- Flexibility of travel, location and working hours is essential to meet the needs of our projects
- Certified PRINCE2 - Essential
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holidays, increasing to 27 with length of service, company car, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.