An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join a growing business as part of the senior management team. Producing products which are coveted both at home and abroad this company has an enviable market share which they are consistently looking to expand.
Michael Page have partnered with an established manufacturing business who have developed over a number of successful expansions to hold a significant share of the UK and European markets. They are now part of a larger group of organisations with ambitious growth plans which are already beginning to take shape. Producing varied and strategically crucial industrial products this business place significant emphasis on what they produce, how they produce it and the impact it has on the wider environment.
As a key member of the management team, and reporting directly into the Operations Director you will be responsible for developing and expanding a fully Integrated Management System (IMS), including developing the site to a 45001 certified site. This will include all IMS development to ensure the progress of their ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards, and driving a culture of continuous improvement throughout the entire business.
The SHEQ Manager will:
- Manage all aspects of Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety across the business
- Ensure you hold an expert level of knowledge of all QESH legislative developments
- Implement a rigid and best in class IMS, suitable for the upcoming shift to 2015 standards
- Improve and lead the internal audit programme through the training and development of staff to ensure that the IMS conforms or exceeds planned expectations
- Identify, train and support team members and employees with potential to develop across quality, HSE or general manufacturing
- Provide professional advice and technical information to senior managers and all line managers, notifying staff and managers of changes to HS&E Legislation and Codes of Practice.
This business is uncompromising towards quality, are committed to protecting the environment and put the health and well being of their staff at the forefront of everything they do. In order to deliver this they need an exceptional SHEQ Manager.
You will be an exemplary communicator at all levels of business, have a people centred approach to management/development of staff and be motivated by making improvements. You will be detail orientated and be a highly competent auditor across each ISO standard.
The ideal SHEQ Manager will:
- Hold expert knowledge and understanding of Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety legislation and best practice
- Be appropriately qualified with NEBOSH Diploma & IEMA, Auditor Training, and CQI etc.
- Have a technical background, ideally holding a degree in an Engineering, Materials or Manufacturing discipline
- Have a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing an Integrated Management System (IMS) ( delivering a transition to 2015 standards would be an advantage)
- Have demonstrable management experience within a hazardous/COMAH environment, preferably manufacturing a heavy industrial product.
- Have managed a team of a varied skill base and developed key performers to their maximum potential
- Have a practical and people centred approach to QESH, understanding that implementing and maintaining systems isn't where your role finishes.
Competitive plus package