My client is looking for a Commercial, Profit-driven Accountant, to be Executive Head of Finance, working within our senior management team, supporting the company on all things financial.
The successful candidate will manage the Finance function and team, with responsibility for the production of Monthly Management Accounts, management of day to day processes, external and statutory reporting , the in house payrolls ( Head-office and Guarding), weekly sales invoicing, Credit Control and Purchase Ledger. Whilst assisting the Managing Director with Contract and Project Control; providing support on individual New Business Pitches and overseeing contract profitability, costing and analysis.
This is a commercial, business facing role requiring strong financial acumen and analytical skills. Also required; excellent man-management skills, good communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Management of Finance Team, managing day to day finance functions ( Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Bank Reconciliations, Nominal Ledger Reconciliations)
- Monthly Management Accounts Pack (including Contract Profitability Reporting- to introduce a monthly mechanism/spreadsheet as part of Monthly Management Reporting Pack; by contract, client, month, year ( v KPIs), Gross Profit Analysis- to introduce a monthly mechanism/spreadsheet as part of Monthly Management Reporting Pack; by contract, client, month, year ( v KPIs)/ Direct Costs Analysis - including Direct Labour and other costs; by contract, client, month, year ( v KPIs))
- Statutory Accounts- liaison with Auditors
- Preparation of Annual Budgets
- Management of Cashflow- management of RBSIF facility
- Other Statutory Reporting; VAT, National Statistics etc
- Management of Payrolls, payroll reconciliations, working with HR department reactively and proactively
- New Business Pitches- providing costings and pricing proposals for new contracts
- Contract Renewals- providing costings and pricing proposals for contract renewals
- Contract Control- management of Contract Summary Spreadsheet flagging renewal dates, key terms etc
- Management of Revenue- overseeing Monthly/Quarterly invoicing and preparation of Revenue Forecasting
- Management and Control of other Adhoc Projects (Capex etc)
- Overhead /Supplier Control including purchase analyses; initially contract related
- Other Adhoc tasks for Managing Director/Finance Director
PERSON SPECIFICATIONQualifications / Experience:
- Educated to Advanced level.
- Qualified Accountant or QBE
- Previous experience of being solely responsible for Finance Team
- Contract/Costing Experience desirable
- Security Sector Experience desirable
Post holder must be able to demonstrate:
- Commercial Acumen
- Strategic and Creative thinker
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Accounting Technical Skills
- Good literacy and communication skills and have excellent verbal and written English.
- Organisational Agility
- Advanced Excel/IT skills
- Previous Experience of Sage
- Ability to work in fast-moving environment
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Ambition and keen to progress to Board level
- Reliability, self-motivation and ability to use own initiative and work without supervision.
- The ability, tact and diplomacy to deal with people at all levels.
- Be a team player, strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail.
- Decisive and energetic
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.