Product Copywriter - 6 Month FTC
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Reporting into the Merchandising team you will be a key member of the Product Listing Team - your role is imperative to ensuring each option is fully optimised from a copy perspective.
You will take guidance from the pre defined SEO glossary complimented with key fashion terminology and brand tone as directed by the Creative copy team always ensuring the copy is customer facing
- Writing, editing and uploading content using CMS
- Using core B&M software to ascertain fibre comps, product specs etc
- Ensuring effective and efficient process of uploading copy is adhered to in a timely manner whilst maintaining quality
- Identify key features of product not necessarily noticeable through product imagery
- Awareness of delivery schedules in order to manage work load during key launches
- Understanding and awareness of KPIs directly driven through optimised product copy
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Experience as a Copywriter within a fast fashion environment
- Strong creative writing skills, able to produce clear, accurate product copy and content to tight daily upload deadlines
- Strong time management skills and able to raise any issues
- Able to work well under pressure and deal with a dynamic workload in a busy environment
- Ability to adopt and develop the brand tone of voice
- Excellent eye for detail, able to spot image discrepancies and proofread lots of copy
- Enthusiastic with a strong interest in fashion and a creative eye
- Sound understanding of the River Island brand and its target audience
- Great team player!
- Relevant degree preferred
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
- If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
- Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
- It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from summer and Christmas parties, bake-offs, and lots of charity events!