Permanent Legal Cashier
Sellick Partnership have an excellent permanent Legal Cashier opportunity to join a well-established practice based in Altrincham.
My client is offering a fantastic benefits package including; a basic salary of £23,000 - £25,000, 25 days annual leave and car parking contribution.
As a Legal Cashier you will be responsible for:
- Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Credit Control
- Daily bank account reconciliations for all the firms' office, client and deposit accounts
- Reconciling and posting the Petty Cash for both offices.
- Banking (Client and office accounts).
- Processing the BACS and CHAPS payments for the firm
- Office and Client Account Credits and Debit
- Processing disbursements
- Issuing office and client account cheques
- Nominal payments to creditors
- Checking conveyancing completion statements
- Write offs
- Posting of Legal Aid BACS remittance advices and processing Legal Aid Bills/Disbursements
- Costing of Legal aid files
- Report to the Legal Aid Agency through LAA online the Consolidated Matter Report Form including posting legal help invoices and completing office to office transfers from monthly Legal Aid contract monies
- Submitting HPCDS report form to the LAA
- Reviewing individual fee earners aged debts
- Liaising with Partners, Fee Earners and support staff to answer ledger queries
- Complete month end and year end procedures
- Checking completed files before archiving
- Liaise with the firm's bank and accountants
- Assisting the Accounts Manager with the firms administration
As a Legal Cashier you must:
- Have previous experience working in a law firm
- Have bookkeeping and accountancy experience
- Have excellent and oral communication skills
- Be able to work off initiative
- Have excellent I.T. skills
- Have ILFM accreditation (desirable)
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.