1st Line Support Agent
Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
The 'OneWorld' platform is Uniserve Group's global operating platform and our customer supply chain management system. The OneWorld Service Desk operates in the UK and China and supports our customers in the UK and partners throughout the world.
We are now recruiting for a Level 1 Applications Support Analyst, to join our service desk team in Upminster. As well as providing first line support, in this exciting and challenging role, you will be assisting and supporting our infrastructure team and training teams, who support our networks that underpin Uniserve and other businesses within the group.
- Receiving and recording details of customer problems, prioritising and then resolving them
- Providing support with issues and projects that arise
- Keeping customers informed of their request status and progress
- Escalating any problems to the IT Support Manager as appropriate
- Liaising with other IT teams, where appropriate, in order to resolve customer requests
- Assisting with the provision or removal of IT services
- Troubleshooting faulty equipment, provide help, set up and maintenance equipment for the business
- Aligning with IT and facilities resources to execute on requests in a timely fashion
- Documenting and maintaining relevant procedures and configuration information
- Maintaining currency, expertise and competency of relevant One World products, policies, and methods for support delivery
Skills and Experince
- Willingness to experiment with new equipment, applications and ideas
- Self-motivated strong team player who understands that customer service comes first before anything else
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within limited time frames
- Thoughtful decision making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritising, and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Drive your work to completion within specified time constraints
- Deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences, including your team and IT leadership
The position may require travel to other UK offices