Field Service Engineer
Join us as a Field Service Engineer where thhe primary purpose of your role will be to work in the field covering all MTU engine / system applications (Marine / Rail / Genset).
For this role, you will mostly be working from home, however you may be required to work in the offices / workshops in East Grinstead when not in the field. You will be required to travel extensively within the UK & ROI and is additionally required to spend up to 3 weeks annually in Germany undergoing product training. Due to the amount of travel for this role, you will be ideally based in southern England.
MTU is one of the world's leading suppliers of drives and power systems for marine applications, for heavy land, rail and defence vehicles, and for the oil and gas industry. In the traditional spirit of pioneers and inventors such as our founders, Wilhelm and Karl Maybach, and Rolls and Royce, we work to develop solutions that are fit for the future. These include our 10, 000 kW diesel engine, our ecologically sound co-generation module, and our innovative injection systems.
- Carry out Service, Warranty and Repair Work on Diesel Engines, Gas Engines, Generators, their Ancillaries and Controls Systems.
- Carry out Commissioning of Diesel Engines, Gensets and Rail Powerpacks.
- Carry out Sea Trials on Marine Engines (Yacht and Commercial).
- Compile Technical Reports.
- Support other Service & Sales activities as directed.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation applicable to the role.
- Industry recognised course (BTEC, C&G, etc) in an engineering related subject (Mechanical/Electrical or Electrical) and in Marine, Genset, Rail, CHP or Commercial Vehicle related application. GCSE English or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Diesel Engines / Generating Sets and their Control Systems.
- Both mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Working knowledge / experience PC based Engine Diagnostics / Programming.
Please note that due to the amount of travel for this role candidates will be ideally based in southern England. Please note that the job is physically demanding.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.