Job Title - Enterprise Architect
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - £600.00 - £725.00
In Scope of IR35
About the role/project:
To deliver technical architectures able to accommodate the current and future needs of the business, taking input from the Enterprise Architects - Business. To rationalise potential overlaps and dependencies into coherent programmes of work to deliver common business services.
What you will do:
- Review the technology architecture collateral against our business aligned IT Strategy (BAITS) and determine changes/gaps
- Create content to update the reference architecture in line with BAITS and its Content workstream plan
- Provide technology consulting to core renewals projects to drive tech currency (Tech Architecture - e.g. Cloud, SaaS, AWS, Azure, O365, Data Centre, desktop)
- Own at least one of, and otherwise contribute to, the definition and development of the GBS strategy data, application, integration, technology infrastructure and security architecture as a cohesive and coherent set of architectures that support the business needs and policies.
- Evaluate proposed changes to these architectures such that risks to the business are mitigated.
- Research, evaluate, define and maintain corporate data and information policies, processes, standards, tools and repositories necessary for the successful use and/or re-use of data and information models.
- Support the maintenance of these architectures to reflect changes to the GBS strategy for new requirements, the emergence of technology innovations and changes to the business.
- Provide expert consultancy advice and guidance on the architecture areas and on integration issues through the Solution Architects to provide projects within IM, business and industry partners with a clear understanding of the framework. Maximise opportunities, taking full account of commercial, technical and financial implications of the risks.
Your experience will include:
- Extensive experience of managing data and/or information architectural development at an enterprise level
- Substantial experience of systems analysis and requirements specification
- Substantial experience working at the business and IS Strategy level
- Knowledge of enterprise integration concepts and technologies e.g. EAI, Web Services
- Knowledge of web concepts and technologies (including Internet, Intranet, Extranet, Portals, EJB, Web Servers, Application CASE/Modelling tools (ideally, Systems Architect)
- Knowledge and understanding of Hardware and Network Infrastructure concepts and technologies
- Substantial experience of corporate process architecture development and deployment
- Broad experience of the use of modelling, data management, simulation, workflow and end-user analysis tools
- Proficiency of database technologies especially Oracle ERP (11i) and messaging including IBM (MQ) and Oracle (AQ) and broad XML experience
- Data Management concepts & technology (e.g. Data warehousing, DBMS's e.g. Oracle)
- Process Management and workflow concepts and technologies (e.g. Oracle Workflow)
- Development lifecycles and notations covering structured, object and component based approaches (e.g. IE, SSADM, DSDM, RUP, UML)
- Information Security Concepts, Standards (BS7799/InfoSec), Infrastructure and Technologies
- Document, Content and/or Digital Asset Management concepts and technologies (e.g. Documentum)
- Experience of the use of Enterprise Integration Architecture (EAI) methodologies and tools covering 3 or more of: Oracle ERP, IBM Middleware, Web Portals, Data Warehousing, GIS, Document Management, HP, IBM, Midrange (Unix) and Microsoft based desktop and server environment.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.