Financial Planning Analyst
The UK FP&A team provides robust and insightful forward looking analysis across numerous business units to a large number of senior stakeholders. This includes the Corporate 3 year Plan and quarterly rolling forecasts.
My client provides insurance for over 30 million customers worldwide, as well as savings and investment products. They are the UK's largest insurer and one of Europe's leading providers of life and general insurance.
They seek to combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand, while remaining committed to serving customers well to build a stronger, sustainable business which makes a positive contribution to society and for which people are proud to work
- Produce regular forecasting analysis and insight for UK Insurance CEO, CFO, UK Insurance Executive Committee, Boards, and Group Centre, including quarterly rolling forecasts and Corporate Plan, both across financial and non financial KPIs.
- Use professional knowledge to recommend and develop improvements in financial performance across the Life, GI and Health businesses, assisting on new development ideas.
- Work closely with colleagues across a number of different areas (e.g. Finance Business Partners, Centre FP&A, Financial Reporting).
- Continually improve current processes and outputs to ensure they meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for ad-hoc analysis / work that may be required.
Candidate profile sought:
- Highly numerate and good financial services commercial knowledge.
- Strong planning and analytical ability demonstrated in a financial services environment.
- Good knowledge of broad range of financial and regulatory reporting bases and how these impact key performance indicators across Life, GI and Health.
- Good networking, relationship management and influencing skills with people at all levels with the ability to build credible working relationships and ensure insights are understood and acted upon by the business.
- Ability to produce quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative and know when to escalate.
- Ability to identify problems and help resolve these or escalate as appropriate.
Competitive basic salary
Generous defined contribution pension scheme
Annual performance related bonus and pay review
Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
Up to 30% discount for company products
Excellent range of flexible benefits
Flexible working - This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.