Legal Cashier Manager
The candidate will be able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and will have had previous experience of managing and developing a team.
My client is a well respected company based in Swindon
Some of the key responsibilities of a Legal Cashier Manager includes:
- Leading and managing the cashier team, providing motivation and support
- Setting team and individual targets and perform regular performance reviews
- Act as the key point of contact for expertise and team coordination
- Ensure all processes are in place to enable the team to efficiently comply with SRA regulations. Continually review these processes for improvements and implement efficiency measures
- Client balances, ensuring residual balances are being dealt with promptly.
- Internal Breach Register, ensuring all breaches are being captured, documented, investigated and swiftly resolved. Ensure any material breaches are notified to the COFA immediately. Monthly review with COFA.
- Ensure processes comply with SRA Accounts Rules and VAT Regulations
- Take the lead in the SRA AR audit.
- Develop relationships with the Firm's bankers
- Oversee inter-bank account transfers and money market accounts
- Ad hoc duties including undertaking and managing new projects
A successful Legal Cashier Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of SRA Accounting Rules and VAT regulations
- Change management
- Working in a law firm is essential
- Innovation of processes and ways of working
- Address problems and seek pragmatic solutions to them
- Able to give and receive feedback constructively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills; adapts to information systems quickly;
- Excellent literacy skills including drafting style, attention to detail, and accurate use of the English language
On offer to a successful Legal Cashier Manager is the chance to manage a team within a well respected company based in Swindon.