IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer - Managed Services - Windows, VMWare, CITRIX
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + 10% Shift Allowance
Hours: 24x7 Shift Pattern – 4 days (07:30AM – 19:30PM), 4 days off, 4 nights (19:30PM – 07:30AM), 4 days off.
Location: Aldgate, LondonExponential-e is an end-to-end service provider specialising in networking, cloud, security, UC and managed IT solutions; we constantly strive for world-class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage for our clients. We are driven by employees that want to learn, build a career path and achieve. Your new roleThe role of a Managed Services Technician gives you the opportunity of delving into a variety of infrastructure technologies in a multi-vendor environment.You will have the responsibility of providing 1st/2nd line support to over 100 clients (between 3,000 – 5,000 users), troubleshooting issues across CITRIX, VMWare and Microsoft technologies to name a few. You will be part of a team who are not restricted in the issues they support, and are able to develop their skillset within the role.What You’ll Need to SucceedWe are looking for somebody with a good base knowledge around Microsoft Server fundamentals, and exposure to virtualisation. You do not need to be the finished package, but we would like to see a clear affinity for support and people, as well as a desire to progress. Experience with supporting most of the following at a 1st/2nd line level:
- Virtualised server environments (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Windows Server 2003 - 2016
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2003 – 2016/Office 365
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, ITIL v3 Framework and/or Service Desk procedures
- Comfortable with troubleshooting server infrastructure issues
- Experience with proactive server monitoring
- Capability of performing within a fast paced environment
- Clear progression paths into 2nd and 3rd Line, management or specialist technical areas (Cloud, Networking etc.)
- Access to a wide range of technical training materials and courses
- Exposure to technologies from all major vendors
- Work with customers from all industries
- Learn and work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry
- Work in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment focused on service
- Comprehensive benefits (free fruit, season ticket loans, local gym discount, vitality health cover)
Exponential-e is a British cloud and connectivity pioneer with a difference. Its cloud services do not traverse the public Internet. Instead, they reside (logically) on a customer's LAN, on the clean side of the firewall so security and privacy concerns are negated. Exponential-e wholly owns a super-fast 100 Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 VPLS Network that guarantees a superior level of resilience, reliability and performance. Exponential-e also integrates with third party providers and bespoke applications for both the Enterprise and SMEs with an end-to-end SLA.
That’s why it’s trusted by over 2,800 customers, boasts 96% customer reference-ability, features in the London Stock Exchange's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, and is included in Investec’s Top 100 fastest growing UK Mid-Market companies.‘Your Cloud is only as good as your network’What you need to do nowExponential-e are a company that hire for attitude and train for skills, so even if you don’t tick all of the boxes and still want to be a part of a company on the up, please click “apply now”. You will end up at our careers page, where you can see the full job description and send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79882072