Junior IT Service Manager
The purpose and prime objective of the Service Manager role is to assist in building, delivering and continually improving ITIL/Agile Service Management frameworks and functions across all the service management lifecycles. The Service Manager will be a Service Management generalist assisting in providing stable and robust services to dunnhumby globally. It is key to the role to support all the service management specialists to drive the IT delivery function across the technology division. The successful candidate will provide support to ensure service management procedures are established and documented that align with ITIL best practices, Agile methodologies and provide and maintain performance of services. Responsibilities:The service manager will assist in all service management processes and activities and ensure they operate efficiently, effectively and they comply with governance controls. You will work the with Service Management specialists and global teams to deliver policies and processes which are effectively, governed and compliance.Candidate will demonstrate knowledge and experience in the service management space. You will thrive in a fast-paced business environment with an emphasis in positive and adaptive working practices.
- Gather, analyze and report metrics weekly / monthly / quarterly for each Business Services for Service Level Reviews and wider publication, including Exec dashboards.Communicate, manage and chair the global CAB meetings.Provide reporting by way of metrics related to the all service management processesAssist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)investigations to successfully identify root causes of problems that impact the IT estate.Aid in identifying problems through trends and known bugs and work with Application, Business, Technology and other support teams.Assist the service management team in facilitating meetings and providing notes. Work within the service transition process in assisting to build, provide support models as part of the introductions of new or existing services. Liaise and communicate with Technicians, Operation Managers, Service Management, and Business Owners to capture and report on results.Work with other Technology teams such as Infrastructure, Data, and Product Support for input to SLA / Availability metrics. Be aware and actively capture information on all Business impacting outages utilizing automation where feasible.Follow Service Management processes based on ITIL principles.Gather and report on key performance and quality measures to key stakeholders in support of the Service Management. Assist in producing and following up on Service transition, problem and change management tasks and process driven input/outputs.
Education, Experience, and Preferred Skills:
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an IT related subject
- Experience in working in an ITIL environment
- Experience in an ITIL process role or worked with service management teams.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with global stakeholders.
- Experience of working with best practice processes, policies and procedures.
- Must have a clear and effective communication style with results focus
Technical Skills:-IT Life-Cycle Management -ITIL Foundation qualification V3-ITSM tool (e.g. ServiceNow, BMC Remedy)
Leadership Skills:-Experience of engaging and building successful relationships with stakeholders, including senior management-Work as a team with others-Identify and manage priorities-Deliver work to high standards-Be driven to improve yourself and the way thangs are done-Experience in dealing with and influencing multi-tier management
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79960333