A Media company based in East London are currently looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join the team for a 12month FTC.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional with experience and exposure to all aspects of Credit Control to take a step up in their development, and create an impact in a new role. You will be keen to establish yourself as the go-to person for all payment queries, both internally and externally, and take on new responsibilities. As the Credit Controller your duties will include:
- Managing the entire credit control function from when debt becomes due, through to legal action if necessary
- Report to Head of Finance and maintaining monthly debtor day targets
- Collection of overdue payments via telephone, e-mail, letter, etc.
- Meeting target KPI's for debtor days targets
- Sending copy documents, i.e. Invoices, Credit Memo's, Contracts, etc.
- Receiving BACS and Chq payments on account
- Implementation and maintenance of the electronic Debt Chase process
- Dealing with customer queries through to resolution
- Responsibility for updates of clients in Administration and keeping record
- Dealing with incoming Purchase Orders and Supplier Forms, in accordance with company policy
- Month end reports, to be completed in line with Finance's month end timetable
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts receivables to the general ledger
- Liaising with Key Account Manager on high value clients
- Sending customers to small claims court and following through to payment or possible court hearings
- Preparation of all paperwork ensuring accuracy, on defended cases and representation at small claims hearings
- Liaising with external solicitors on larger debts through to payment or possible court hearings
- Dealing with charges of interest and legal costs upon receipt
- Management of Bad Debt Provision for Quarterly/Year End write offs
- Implementation and management of the credit policy, reviewing on a regular basis to ensure that it suits our requirements
- Working with other departments internally, for the purpose of maintaining a robust credit policy
- Ensuring payment terms are in line across all sectors within our Terms and Conditions
- Other duties within the Finance team, as and when required
- Administer credit card payments
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract so please only apply for this position if you're immediately available and confident that you have the relevant Credit Controller experience.