We are looking to hire a Purchasing Manager for a high technology company based in Cambridge. This role would suit either an experienced Purchasing / Procurement Manager who is looking for a new challenge, or a Senior Buyer looking to take the next step into a Purchasing Manager role. You will have proven experienced working as a buyer or purchasing manager working for a complex product development technology company.
Responsibilities of Purchasing Manager
* The Purchasing Manager will work closely with the engineering team on projects using SAP for procurement, ensuring timely delivery of material within a fast moving high pressure environment
* Oversee the daily workload of the purchasing team.
* Managing and developing key supplier relationships
* Develop and implement effective sourcing polices.
* Identify and deliver further opportunities to reduce overall supply chain costs
* Ensure quality, service level, price and supply logistics meet commercial and internal customer needs
* Optimise the SAP system
Requirements of Purchasing Manager
* HNC / HND / degree level (or equivalent)
* Proven experiencing working as a Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager or Purchasing Manager for a high technology engineering company
* Experience of managing vendors and supply chain involving highly technical goods and services.
* Minimum of 2 years SAP experience within an engineering or technology biased purchasing role
* Good communication skills
* Microsoft office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Purchasing Manager Package
Salary: £50k - £70k with benefits, including; ( Generous Bonus )