£Negotiable depending on experience.
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
My client is a leading manufacturing company, Based in Alnwick, Northumberland. They now have a requirement for a Toolroom Engineer. Reporting to the Plant Manager, You will be responsible to provide a full toolroom services for all manufacturing in Alnwick, and work effectively within a production team environment.
Using CAM to produce the programming required for our VMC and CNC machines.
Programming, setting and operating our VMC and CNC machines.
Operating all standard tool room hand operated machines e.g. surface grinders, lathes, etc.
Providing a toolroom service for the in-house manufacture of new and replacement parts for both new projects and refurbishment of equipment across the site.
Improving and standardising the design of new and existing jigs/fixtures and general production equipment.
Interpreting and understanding complex technical drawings/models.
Supporting other departments where necessary with technical expertise.
The ability to understand and interpret complex technical drawings.
Ideally will have completed a toolroom apprenticeship.
A strong team player, with the ability to work effectively as part of a large team.
Good communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
The ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, tenacity and willingness for continuous improvement and learning.
- You will have served Toolroom Engineer/Fitter apprenticeship and have relevant proven knowledge and experience within an engineering environment.
- Familiar with working on toolroom/workshop machinery including, milling machines, surface grinders, lathes, cylindrical grinding and other general bench work hand tools.
- Permanent position.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- £Negotiable depending on experience.
- 25 Days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.