School Attendance Officer St Helen's
Experience Attendance Officer vacancy for a temporary opportunity in a St Helens Primary School
I am currently working with partnership with a school in St Helen's to recruit a temporary attendance office to work the hours 8am - 1pm, Monday - Friday. This role is initially for 6-8 weeks however, could continue up until Summer for the right candidate.
Duties will include
- Supporting the school office with attendance monitoring
- Pastoral student support including absence, poor punctuality, sickness and free school meals
- Ensuring appropriate communication with students, staff and parents regarding all aspects of attendance
- Working with young people and parents to improve their attendance
- Using School Information Management Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office to record data
- Administering First Aid if required
The ideal candidate will
- Have experience of working with children ideally in a school environment
- Be a helpful and flexible person who will be an active member of the student support team
- Be organised and reliable
- Be enthusiastic and committed to helping children to excel
- Have experience of using SIMS particularly with regards to attendance monitoring
- Previous experience as a student support officer or attendance officer would be advantageous but not essential
- Hold an enhanced DBS Certificate or be in the position to apply for one via CER.
If you feel you could fulfil this position and keen to work with a market leading agency, please click 'apply' today! Suitable candidates should expect a call within 48 working hours of their application, those deemed unsuitable for this role may not be contact.