Equiniti’s Legal Team support the Equiniti Group businesses by providing in-house legal counsel on the full range of legal issues. Our in-house capability covers a wide variety of legal specialisms including contract law, corporate transactions, employment law, regulatory support and others.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced paralegal with strong understanding of Employment law to join our team. The role covers an interesting and varied range of legal employment work with a focus on Employment litigation. The team are looking to recruit someone who is proactive, can work independently and manage cases with supervision. The role may also be of interest to newly qualified solicitors with an interest in employment law.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop their skills and experience by supporting more experienced colleagues with various legal matters including commercial contracts and can also get involved in various team projects. Equiniti is committed to employee development meaning this is an ideal and exciting opportunity for someone looking to build experience and develop their career in a successful, fast-paced and dynamic fintech business.
As Employment Paralegal you will be responsible for:
• Working closely with the Lead Employment Solicitor on a broad range of Employment work with a focus on litigation;
• Working closely with and supporting the HR team on day to day employment matters
• Supporting a team of in-house counsel and Commercial & Legal Director on a variety of day to day legal matters;
• Assisting with internal legal projects;
• Undertaking legal research into industry specific issues
• Ad hoc administrative work as required.
What we are seeking from you:
• Legal qualifications (Law degree (2:1 preferred), LPC or GDL) from a reputable university
• Knowledge of employment law and sound commercial awareness
• Previous experience in an in-house environment would be advantageous
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• Outgoing personality and a team player
• Comfortable with an element of UK travel to fulfil their role
Please submit your application using your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.